There is a new government policy on social gatherings in England which may well impact your upcoming stay.
Following the government’s latest announcement we are contacting all guests with bookings up until the end of October to go over the options for your stay. We will do all we can to work with you to find the best way forward in these very difficult circumstances.
Our team will be incredibly busy, so please bear with us. It is best to email as we are working from home and our phones are not live. We will be getting in touch with everyone as quickly as we can.
As the coronavirus crisis has unfolded we’ve taken a highly flexible and personalised approach to handling stays, responding to the needs of our guests.
For guests about to make a new booking, please be assured that if circumstances change before your stay is due to go ahead, then we will respond accordingly.
Throughout the crisis the safety of our guests has been our paramount concern, and this continues to guide us. Self-catering in the UK is seen as one of the safest forms of holiday you can take.
With holiday accommodation reopening after the Covid-19 lockdown, we are working hard to ensure the safety of our guests, houses and teams. We have taken advantage of the wealth of advice and assistance from industry bodies such as PASC-UK and Visit Britain. We have provided our owners with access to information on safety practices and guidance on cleaning and asked all owners to complete a Covid-19 Risk Assessment.
Each owner is considering their own specific circumstances and planning for any additional measures they need put in place to ensure the safety of their guests. We recommend making contact with the owner or housekeeper of your property in the week before your stay to understand exactly what may be required from you to play your part.
Our owners, housekeepers, cleaning and maintenance staff are an integral part of the kate & tom’s experience. They are all highly responsible and have guest safety at the heart of all they do. Our aim is not to limit your experience but to provide the best stay we can while keeping you and our property teams safe.
– Completion of a Risk Assessment for Covid-19.
– Safety consideration in place for the housekeeping team and PPE provided
– Enhanced cleaning processes and sanitising, working with laundry companies to ensure safe linen.
– Increased cleaning time allowed by an earlier check out and later check in time, also avoiding contact between cleaners and guests.
– The use of recommended anti-viral solutions replacing household items.
– Online guest packs in place of hard copies.
– Non-contact check in using key box and phone, or online instructions.
– Social distancing advice for emergency maintenance at the house.
– A process for guests reporting illness and departing.